Choosing a school is not an easy task. You are searching for the very best, and a large part of your child's future is resting on your decision.While we hope that our website and materials are informative, we recognise that there is no substitute for a campus visit. A tour of our campus allows the opportunity to truly sample the joy of our students' experience, the friendliness of our community, and the warmth of our school's atmosphere. We warmly invite prospective parent(s)/guardian(s) and applicants to visit our school. Our tours are scheduled on an individual basis, and include information about the school and the application process.
When considering applicants, we take into account factors which include personal and social development, educational history and milestones, academic profile and English language proficiency to determine if applicants will benefit from their learning experience at ISS.
We accept applications throughout the year and practise rolling enrolment to accommodate expatriate families who relocate at various times. Applications for the current year are still open, subject to space availability. We look forward to hearing from you, and it would be our pleasure to share with you more about realising potential at ISS.
THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS The Admissions process is outlined below:
1. Submit Initial Inquiry Form / Student Application via OpenApply Online Prospective students and parents are invited to submit an "Inquiry Form" if they are contacting the school for the first time. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Admissions Department via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For applicants who are interested and ready to submit an application online, they may do so by selecting "Student Application".
NOTE: There is no application fee applicable.
For first time users, you will be asked to create an account using your personal email address and preferred password. Upon creating an account, you will be able to proceed to fill out the Registration Of Interest Form or Student Application online.
All applications are diligently processed, evaluated for acceptance and grade-level placement, and submitted to the Principal for approval. To help us expedite your application, please complete all the necessary documents listed in the Application Checklist.
2. Proficiency & Placement Testing (S$500 Test Fee)
In the Elementary School, proficiency testing is required for non-native speakers of English.
In the Middle School, non-native speakers of English will sit for an English placement assessment so that the school can gather information about their English level.
In the High School, ALL students will sit for 2 placement assessments -- English & Mathematics.
Places in ISS are awarded based on whether the school can meet the student's learning needs.
3. Application Review Information and documents submitted via OpenApply are reviewed by the academic heads. Request for additional information or reports may take place during this stage. As and when the need arises, an interview with the applicant may be required.
From the receipt of all documents, the review typically takes 3-5 working days.
4. Offer of Placement If admissions is granted, the parent(s)/guardian(s) will be extended an Offer of Placement via email.
5. Accepting & Securing a Place The applicant's placement in ISS is confirmed by the payment of the Enrolment Fee (S$3,600), and an invoice will be issued to the payer. Invoices for school fees will follow suit upon receipt of the Enrolment Fee.
6. Additional Information Before students begin at ISS, parent(s)/guardian(s) will receive additional information regarding New Student Orientation, school uniforms, bus services, extra-curricular activities, etc.